Wednesday, June 22, 2011

How I met your Father Part #1

I remember the day I knew I was going to be with Mr. M for the rest of my life. I was 21 and had met him for the first time. I wasn’t looking for love or a relationship. It wasn’t love at first sight, actually I wasn’t even interested. A friend had brought me over for a BBQ and I was just the “buffer friend”. You know the one you take with you who fills the awkward silences, makes the jokes and will fake a seizure to get you out of a bad date (well maybe not the last one, but you get it), that was me. I sat in the living room while everyone was being introduced and our host, Mr. M went to get the food. I will never forget this moment; he was walking from his kitchen to the dining room with a plate of BBQ chicken. I looked up at him and my immediate thought was, “I’m going to marry him”.  It all happened so quick I didn’t even realize I thought it. I shook it out of my head trying to rationalize with myself that I 1. didn’t even know this man, 2. He wasn’t my “type” and 3. Umm, did I mention I didn’t even know him? The evening went along pleasant enough with me preforming my “buffer friend” duties. Mr. M isn’t subtle so I knew he had an interest in me but like I said I was too busy convincing myself I wasn’t interested.  But no matter how hard I tried to convince myself (and I’m pretty stubborn) that I wasn’t interested it didn’t last long. After a few into-the-night phone conversations I had to admit to myself that I might be falling in love…

To be continued…

No comments:

Post a Comment