Thursday, June 9, 2011

“BUZZ! WRONG!!"

2 posts in 1 day? I'm feeling a little chatty today. Don't get used to it. ;)

Our first visit for the Home Assessment is scheduled for this coming Wednesday, June 15th. I’m excited to get this show on the road but I’m also terribly nervous. When Mr. M and I first met our Adoption counselor (we’ll call her Adoption Lady-AL for short) on Tuesday I was super stressing. I kept thinking that everything we said, well I’m a little judgmental, everything Mr. M said, was going to ruin our chances. Like if AL had a buzzer and when we said something “wrong” she’d BUZZ us and the floor would go out beneath us and we’d end up in the abyss of childless couples.

“BUZZ! WRONG!! No baby for you!!!!!!!”

Not to mention that the guy who will be working on our roof showed up at the same time and Mr. M had to keep getting up to show him something. All in all, we were 100% ourselves. We said weird things; we were funny, asked questions and that sort of things. The kids (step-kids, S and Q) were playing video games and my brother was hanging out with them. They chimed in every once and a while and I think AL got a good idea of what kind of family we are. So tell me why as soon as she walked out the door and Mr. M turned to me and said, “I think that went pretty good” I started
BALLING MY EYES OUT?!?!!?!?!?!?

 What? It went well. I know, it was probably all the stress but if I start balling after just meeting with AL how am I going to get through the rest of this??

Will I be able to get past the wait, the disappointment, the rejection, the longing???

Stay tuned…

No comments:

Post a Comment